Re: new itemscope or not?

Dear Adrian,

thank you for your answer. I would prefer the first solution, too. I m
just not sure that Google's rich snippets parser is already following
the additional "hop" through the Person entity:

Version 1 (with hop):

    Item
    *Type:* http://schema.org/book
    author = /Item/( 1 )
    Item 1
    *Type:* http://schema.org/person
    name = Shakespeare, William

Version 2 (without hop) :

    Item
    *Type:* http://schema.org/book
    author = Shakespeare, William

To give a use case: Someone is searching in a search engine for "books
by William Shakespeare". Will version 1 be found? And will it be
considered as relevant as version 2?

I believe that the main motivation to put semantic markup into websites
right now is to improve the website's visibility (relevance) in search
engines. So the way the search engines honor these versions will have a
steering effect on their adoption. As version 1 is real Linked Data, I
believe it to be crucial that it is accepted. I would be very glad for
any information if it already is accepted.

Best wishes,
Cord