Re: Question about Microdata to RDF Note and lang attribute

From: KANZAKI Masahide <mkanzaki@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:52:34 +0900
To: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Cc: "public-html-data-tf@w3.org" <public-html-data-tf@w3.org>, "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Gregg, thanks for the quick response.

2012/9/11 Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>:
> The HTML IDL attribute for .lang includes the @lang context of the element,
> including its ancestors. From [2]:
> [[[
> To determine the language of a node, user agents must look at the nearest
> ancestor element (including the element itself if the node is an element)
> that has a lang attribute in the XML namespace set or is an HTML element and
> has a lang in no namespace attribute set. That attribute specifies the
> language of the node (regardless of its value).
> ]]]

I wonder "the language of a node" is different from IDL attribute,
which is separately described at the end of section as

The lang IDL attribute must reflect the lang content attribute in no namespace.

AFAIK, all modern browsers return "" for the DOM lang value of <cite>
and <span> elements in microdata to RDF example. Isn't this "the lang
IDL attribute of the property element" ?

@prefix : <http://www.kanzaki.com/ns/sig#> . <> :from [:name
"KANZAKI Masahide"; :nick "masaka"; :email "mkanzaki@gmail.com"].