Re: new itemscope or not?

The former seems to be more extensible, in that you can add more
Person attributes as they become available. The latter seems easier
for HTML authors to start to use, if they aren't already using
microdata. Perhaps the question of which is "better" might be answered
by considering the applications that will use the data, and the
context in which the data is going to be published? Do you have a
sense of either of those?

//Ed