Re: Markup Spread on Multiple Pages

Jason, using itemid as a method of URL canonicalization would be very useful.  However, this use of itemid isn't documented anywhere that I can find.

Indeed, HTML5 Doctor [1] and other sources treat itemid as a method of allowing "a vocabulary to define a global identifier for a microdata item, for example an ISBN number on a book."

Perhaps this could be used a a global identifier for a URI too, but there's no syntax examples I can find - and I'm confused as to how itemid can be used to identify the same URL across pages.  Can you perhaps provide some code.

Almost exactly a year ago this issues was raised by Philip Jägenstedt - "Schema.org should document its support of the itemid attribute" and remains open.  Philip's issue concludes with "... ensuing discussion made it clear that Schema.org does support itemid. This issue tracks the need to document that on Schema.org. (Only mention I can find so far is in http://schema.org/docs/full_md.html)";

To the best of my knowledge this is still the case.

Thanks, Aaron

[1] http://html5doctor.com/microdata/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2011/webschema/track/issues/6