From: Karen Coyle [mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net]
Sent: 26 October 2012 16:59
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Subject: Re: Proposal to add dateExpires to JobPosting

The PRISM (Publishing Requirements for Industry Standard Metadata) [1]
metadata is extensive and may have terms that are useful. For example,
its vocabulary of genres has an extensive list of terms.

The PRISM term related to this particular discussion is
"expirationDate". It would also be best to avoid the past tense for the
date of publication, which can be in the future (as in lists of
forthcoming books or articles). That may be less likely for job
descriptions but many notices are issued as embargoed until a particular
date (after all, Apple must create those adverts well ahead of the
dramatic launch of their products :-)).

kc
[1] http://www.idealliance.org/specifications/prism/specifications

On 10/26/12 8:30 AM, Michael Hopwood wrote:
> In a sense it doesn't matter what the property name is; it could be
> "publishedDate" and "expiryDate". That would mean about the same in
> all versions of English (context and connotation notwithstanding ;)

Perhaps - for the sake of consistency - that name would be appropriate
here as well.

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net

-----
Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2011-2013
Top in the UK for student experience
Fourth university in the UK and top in Scotland (National Student Survey 2012)

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.