Re: proposal to add factChecker and copyEditor to NewsArticle

Since the two proposed properties represent roles that a certain person has for a certain NewsArticle, I am in general inclined to not recommend individual properties for each role but rather use a generic property "typeOfContribution" or "role" and have that link a) the NewsArticle (or CreativeWork) with b) the Person via an intermediate node (e.g. http://schema.org/Role) with enumerations (internal or external) for popular roles.

Otherwise we will end up with a mess of properties.

But this of course really a tradeoff between conceptual beauty and cleanness on one hand and ease of markup on the other.

Just my 2 cents from experience

Martin

On Oct 16, 2012, at 10:34 PM, John Bachir wrote:

> Anyone have any thoughts on this?
>
> Is there another venue more appropriate for this sort of thing?
>
> Thanks,
> John
>

> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM, John Bachir <john@ganxy.com> wrote:
> The typical roles in producing a journalistic work are: writer, editor, fact-checker, copy-editor.
>
> Thing > CreativeWork > Article > NewsArticle has these properties of type Person:
>
> accountablePerson
> author
> contributor
> copyrightHolder
> creator ("the same as the Author property for CreativeWork" -- I don't know what that means)
> editor
> provider
>
> All of these are from CreativeWork.
>
> I propose that NewsArticle, or maybe Article for one or both, add the following two properties of type Person:
>
> factChecker
> copyEditor
>
> Before I put together a more detailed proposal on the wiki, I'm looking for some initial feedback from this group.
>
> Thanks,
> John

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group