Re: Scholarly Article

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 05:37:42 -0700
To: Jenny Gristock <j.j.gristock@sussex.ac.uk>
Cc: public-vocabs@w3.org
On 15 Oct 2012 00:57, "Jenny Gristock" <j.j.gristock@sussex.ac.uk> wrote:

> Is it possible to add two properties to 'ScholarlyArticle'? I see we have
'articleAbstract' already, but it seems to me that two additional
properties 'LaySummary' and 'LaySummaryAuthor' would allow impenetrable
jargon to be understood by the majority, thus opening up scientific and
other complex works to the public that funded them.

If the data exists in structured form and is being published in the Web, we
certainly could add those. Without data, new vocabulary is of limited
value. Do you have some particular sites in mind?

Dan