Schema for vehicles

From: Richard Le Poidevin <ric@betleywhitehorne.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 15:39:49 +0100
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Hello,

Has there been any work in creating a schema for vehicles? I am thinking
it would extend Thing > Product and contain details such as MPG, number
of doors, body type etc. If no work has been done, can anyone point me
in the direction of a similar schema elsewhere which could be converted
into microdata. Microformats have /Vehicles /as part of /Item
/(http://microformats.org/wiki/item-examples#Vehicles).

Whilst looking over the various schemas I notice they are written with
America English, is this how all schemas should be?

Finally, how active is the Microdata community and it's implementation
in Google, Bing etc? I'm very keen to use Microdata but for something
announced by Google, Bing and Yahoo
(http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/introducing-schemaorg-search-engines.html)
the website doesn't seem very active, or does it all happen here?

Many thanks

Ric Le Poidevin