Re: New proposal: health & medical extensions to schema.org

From: Aaron Brown <abbrown@google.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 17:47:30 -0700 (PDT)
To: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>
Cc: public-vocabs@w3.org
The example you cite below would best modeled as a MedicalTrial. Basically,
a MedicalTrial is a controlled clinical trial in the traditional sense
(people recruited to study a particular intervention, divided into
treatment and control groups), whereas MedicalStudy is a more general
umbrella type that covers these and other kinds of studies, including
uncontrolled observational
like the Nurses' Health Study where a group of people are observed over a
period of time.

Does that help clarify? I'll look at making the documentation crisper here.

On Mon May 14 20:01:21 GMT-400 2012, Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>