Re: For review: Schema.org / Good Relations integration

Hi Jim,

On 11 May 2012 22:07, Jim Rhyne <jrhyne@thematix.com> wrote:
> The additions and changes to schema.org will be a big help to our clients.

Glad to hear it!

> Unfortunately, support for rental transactions and service transactions is still omitted. There was some incomplete consideration of these types of transactions in the Good Relations ontology. A good many of our clients are travel providers, whose facilities are rented and whose services are purchased, so they are still left out of web markup.
>
> Is there any consideration to be given to extending the scope of this effort to include these types of transactions?

We're always interested in making schema.org markup more useful. I
haven't looked in detail at the modeling required (or its treatment so
far in GR). However travel has cropped up in a number of conversations
recently, and seems an area well worth attention.

The approach we're taking here is to get the foundations in place and
build things out gradually. So we shouldn't expect this round of
additions to be the last word on the topic. If you can review the
drafts with that in mind, it would be helpful to get your perspective
on what more would be needed, and whether the basic building blocks
are heading in the right direction.

In particular, we always benefit when discussions are grounded in
practical examples, so if you're in a position to pass along some
sample sites and specific pages whose existing content could be
improved with additional schema.org markup, that would be really
useful.

cheers,

Dan