Re: Property to designate parent entity

Hi Liam:

> In trying to add schema.org markup to my content, I have found something that I think should be added to the schemas. A Place should have a property for operated-by or owned-by to designate an Organization as being the owner or operator of that place. This is like the inverse of the location property of Organization. Allowing more than one entry would allow for a Place that is under shared ownership.

Note that the meaning of the "location" property for schema:Organization is a bit unclear; it seems to represent the place or address *of* the entity, but not stores or branches or other points of service *operated* by the organization. For the latter purpose, GoodRelations provides this off-the-box:

http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#hasPOS

It links any schema:Organization, schema:Person, or gr:BusinessEntity to a schema:Place or gr:Location that the subject is operating.

So you can say, as of now, using the full property URI "http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#hasPOS":

  <h1><span itemprop="name">Beachwalk Beachwear & Giftware</span></h1>
  to accent your stay in Mexico Beach.</span>
  Phone: <span itemprop="telephone">850-648-4200</span>
	  <h2><span itemprop="name">Beachwalk Beachwear & Giftware</span></h2>
	  to accent your stay in Mexico Beach.</span>
   Phone: <span itemprop="telephone">850-648-4200</span>

Martin

On Apr 23, 2012, at 8:33 PM, Liam Morland wrote:

> /

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen