RE: Schema.org for glossary, controled vocabulary, thesaurus... publication - which class to use ?

From: Young,Jeff (OR) <jyoung@oclc.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 09:24:41 -0400
To: "Dan Brickley" <danbri@danbri.org>, "jean delahousse KC" <jean.delahousse@knowledgeconsult.com>
Cc: <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Here's how I would wire them up by incorporating SKOS/MADSRDF:

<http://example.org/book/1> a schema:Book;
	schema:name "Title of the book";
	schema:about <http://example.org/thing/1> .

<http://example.org/concept/1> a schema:Thing;
	schema:name "World War II";
	madsrdf:isIdentifiedByAuthority <http://skosscheme1.org/concept/1>;
	madsrdf:isIdentifiedByAuthority <http://skosscheme2.org/concept/1>.

<http://skosscheme1.org/concept/1> a skos:Concept;
	skos:prefLabel "WWII";
	skos:inScheme <http://skosscheme1.org/scheme> .

<http://skosscheme2.org/concept/1> a skos:Concept;
	skos:prefLabel "WW2";
	skos:inScheme <http://skosscheme2.org/scheme> .

<http://skosscheme1.org/scheme> a skos:ConceptScheme .
<http://skosscheme2.org/scheme> a skos:ConceptScheme .

The RDFa/Microdata serialization of this example would be more cryptic, but should be a mechanical transformation.

If you wanted to avoid SKOS terms in favor of Schema.org extensions, I would suggest schema:Thing/Concept, schema:Thing/ConceptScheme, and schema:name/prefLabel. I don't see any existing schema properties that could serve as the basis for madsrdf:isIdentifiedByAuthority or skos:inScheme, though.

Jeff