Re: Comment versus UserComments

From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 09:36:22 -0700
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Cc: Herbert van de Sompel <hvdsomp@gmail.com>, Paolo Ciccarese <paolo.ciccarese@gmail.com>
Dear all,

Can we please clarify something regarding the scope of the Comment
class, as regards to annotations in general.  Annotations are
typically divided into three nodes, the Comment (or body), the
Annotation itself, and the resource being annotated (the Target of the
annotation).  Our understanding of the proposal is that the Comment
represents only the Body of an annotation?

Thus, a Comment does not link to the Target, that would be left for
another class of object like an Annotation?  The W3C Open Annotation
is very excited to ensure that the two proposals can work hand in
hand, rather than compete for mind space.

Thanks!

Rob Sanderson, Paolo Ciccarese
W3C Open Annotation Community Group Co-Chairs