Re: Comment versus UserComments

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Jason Douglas <jasondouglas@google.com>wrote:

> Good points.  Pointing to Thing for a text value seems inconvenient, but
> maybe shortening contentText to "text" (rather than "content") would be the
> most clear and parallel, so: CreativeWork/audio, CreativeWork/video and
> CreativeWork/text?
>
> -jason

+1 to Jason's idea.

If you think about all the possible ways that humans can express themselves
or their feelings... Doing it that way would cover the 3 basic forms of
human expression.  But unfortunately the 4th one, "art" itself is missing a
high level placement under CreativeWork/ as well... where Painting and
Sculpture could be placed downstairs on the schema...but I guess that's ok.
 And the 5th one, "gestures" (which would include Sign Language or simple
Neanderthal hand poking) is interesting in itself if it ever appeared on
the web. But those would probably take the video form)  By the way, Music
as a human expression could be considered mapped under CreativeWork/audio.

CreativeWork/text  (I like it)
CreativeWork/audio
CreativeWork/video
CreativeWork/art
CreativeWork/gestures  (probably never needed, and not generally considered
a CreativeWork but a communication form.)

--
-Thad
http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry