Re: Question on proposed sports vocab extensions for schema.org

From: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 11:47:48 -0600
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
The other way...

Kobe Bryant has a profession.  He is:

1. A Basketball player
2. An actor
3. An athlete ( you could say, as in your idea, Paul)

Secretariat has a profession.  He was:

1. A race horse
?? Is a race horse a profession ?  If NO, then what profession did
Secretariat have ?  Professions are paid or volunteer positions or roles
(as you say), not necessarily trades.

So do only Persons have professions ?  My opinion is YES.

Professions are not the same thing has a Type class.  Even in Freebase we
understand those differences.  Again, I think ESPN just classed Secretariat
they way they wanted to.  No harm there.

--
-Thad
http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry