Re: proposal for update to http://schema.org/VideoObject

I agree that a closedCaptioned property would be useful, but why limit it
to VideoObject?

It would be useful on MediaObject, and possibly even on CreativeWork (if
users were looking for items that are captioned that don't have
MediaObjects available online, like a TVEpisode or a captioned DVD).

There was some effort in the group working on education (LRMI) to have a
broad definition of accessibility, but it had to dropped in the interests
of time. I think this is an area that would benefit from a more systemic
approach.

--
Peter Pinch
Director of Technology