Re: Last Call for Comments ... Re: proposal for updates to http://schema.org/Event

For event :

For information the work done by IPTC for event description is quite a good
source of inspiration : see eventML
http://www.iptc.org/site/News_Exchange_Formats/EventsML-G2/

1) for URL to link to the web page of the event, I suggest we use the "
contactPoints" already used for organization class, it will be convenient
to give contact point of event organizer, or reservation office... For each
contactpoint we will have an URL

2) for repetition, there is several cases :

2.1 a simple case is when the event as several occurrences in the same
place, with exact same conditions like movie theater, then it is useful to
describe several start/end dates

2.2 a other case is when the event happens several times, in various places
at various dates... like a theater play which move from one town to the
other, or Tour de France...
then it is better to have several level of events. It enables to describe
the main event (this theater-play with this casting, organizers, booking
system..) and sub-events with a stard/end date and location - we have such
type of relationship for organizations with "member" property

2.3 there is also the case of event that repeats themselves overtime, like
"Festival de Cannes", "Olympic Summer Games", sportive events... You don't
know the next dates, but you want to express this event appends each year,
semester, 2 years..., or each sunday after eastern...

3) it can be useful to have the "duration" property, sometimes you wish to
have startdate and duration of the event with no enddate. IPTC eventML uses
a stadard to describe those durations

4) adding an eventcategory would be useful, but how does it interact with
the event subclasses already defined

BusinessEvent
ChildrensEvent
ComedyEvent