Re: additionalType property, vs extending Microdata syntax for multiple types

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Egor Antonov <elderos@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> 20.06.2012, 01:05, "Stéphane Corlosquet" <scorlosquet@gmail.com>:
>

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 9:53 PM, Egor Antonov <elderos@yandex-team.ru>
> wrote:
>
> Well, validators developers will not be very happy with this change.
> However, if it happens, I prefer 'type' name, because 'additionalType'
> implies there are other, non-additional ones.
>
> I disagree. 'type' would be misleading and imply that all types are set by
> this property, when it is not the case.
>
> Why not? I don't see any semantic difference. Syntactic - yes.
> Also I don't see any reason, why this
>     <link itemprop="type" content="http://mytype.type">
> must differ from
> It can be some differences while disambiguating property names, but
> schema.org property names are unique.
> When a single type is specified, there is no problem at all.

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/microdata.html#items
"The item types must all be types defined in applicable specifications
and must all be defined to use the same vocabulary."

suggests that an @itemtype implies a vocabulary.

the http://mytype.type/ type isn't necessarily a part of the
schema.org vocabulary, so may not define 'additionalType' or 'type.'
Without an @itemtype no vocabulary is implied to exist for the given
itemscope.

alex