Re: additionalType property, vs extending Microdata syntax for multiple types

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 9:53 PM, Egor Antonov <elderos@yandex-team.ru>wrote:

> Well, validators developers will not be very happy with this change.
> However, if it happens, I prefer 'type' name, because 'additionalType'
> implies there are other, non-additional ones.

I disagree. 'type' would be misleading and imply that all types are set by
this property, when it is not the case. Microdata and RDFa have simpler
ways of setting the types of a data item. This new property should be used
sparingly and for cases where the default microdata itemtype attribute is
not sufficient. Note that it does not make much sense to be used in RDFa
since mixing vocabularies for types is natively supported.

Steph.