Re: OGP/schema.org mappings

From: Jesse Weaver <weavej3@rpi.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:59:22 -0400
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
One last note.  I just remembered why I didn't include, e.g. for the
COG object type "book", the following triples:

api-book:book owl:equivalentClass [ a owl:Restriction; owl:onProperty
og:type; owl:hasValue "book" . ] .
book:author rdfs:domain api-book:book .

The reason is that the subject of such og:type and book:author triples
is the URL of a webpage (dare I say, information resource).
Therefore, according to httpRange-14 (please, I'm just trying to
explain, not instigate another debate), the subject identifies the
webpage which is about a book and not necessarily the book itself.
Thus, I did not include the above triples because I wanted to conform
with current standards on Linked Data.

Therefore, I withdraw previously stated wish made in fuzzy hindsight.
Genies, be advised.

Jesse Weaver
Ph.D. Student, Patroon Fellow
Tetherless World Constellation