Re: For review: Schema.org/Discussion

From: John Breslin <john.breslin@nuigalway.ie>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:38:10 +0100
To: Charlie Jiang <chjiang@microsoft.com>, "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
CC: Bahareh Heravi <bahareh.heravi@deri.org>, Maciej Dabrowski <maciej.dabrowski@deri.org>, <sioc-dev@googlegroups.com>
Hi Charlie, all -

Great stuff!

Actually we have been looking into how to better align SIOC
(http://rdfs.org/sioc/spec) with Schema.org and we would like to produce a
draft review of terms from both sides to see if alignment is possible.

A little bit about SIOC as you may not be aware of it...

SIOC is a schema for describing social web content (posts, comments, forums,
blogs, etc.) - itıs been in development for nearly eight years and is
currently one of the formats used by Drupal 7 along and various other
applications/sites.

I recently gave a talk about SIOC data (see slides at
http://www.slideshare.net/Cloud/20110426a-amsterdam-ifipsnsci from April)
and according to the recent CommonCrawl dataset, SIOC terms like
UserAccount, Comment and BlogPost are found in the top 20 most commonly-used
RDFa types.

We would be very interested in figuring out what we can do to accommodate
all proposals, even modifying SIOC terms where appropriate.

I will send some more details shortly.

Thanks!

John

--
John Breslin http://johnbreslin.org http://linkd.in/johnbreslin
Lecturer, Electronic Engineering, NUI Galway http://www.eee.nuigalway.ie

On 02/06/2012 17:36, "Charlie Jiang" <chjiang@microsoft.com> wrote:

> We've put forth a preliminary proposal for Shema.org/Discussion. It can be
> found at http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/DiscussionSchema.
>
> This proposal is initially for supporting technical discussions. However, we
> do see the need to make it domain agnostic. We would love to have your
> feedback.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Charlie

image.png