Re: (most likely) Version 1.0 of LRMI specification - proposed for inclusion with Schema.org

On 14 June 2012 09:48, Phil Barker <phil.barker@hw.ac.uk> wrote:

> [sidestepping any consideration of what is a "course" and what is "course
> content"]
>
> One thing to bear in mind is that in schema.org Creative Works and Events
> are distinct types of thing. LRMI defines properties that are available for
> Creative Works and subtypes thereof. So using Event start and end dates
> along with LRMI properties would require that an item has two itemtypes.
> That seems to be legal for microdata (now, it wasn't always)[1] -- anyone
> know how well it is supported for schema.org?

We're ok with that. For example, every http://schema.org/LocalBusiness
is both a Place and an Organization.

Things can have multiple types, without needing to mention each type
every time. RDFa Lite is also fine with listing several types in a
description; it handles this quite naturally.

Dan