Re: (most likely) Version 1.0 of LRMI specification - proposed for inclusion with Schema.org

[sidestepping any consideration of what is a "course" and what is
"course content"]

One thing to bear in mind is that in schema.org Creative Works and
Events are distinct types of thing. LRMI defines properties that are
available for Creative Works and subtypes thereof. So using Event start
and end dates along with LRMI properties would require that an item has
two itemtypes. That seems to be legal for microdata (now, it wasn't
always)[1] -- anyone know how well it is supported for schema.org?

If you're interested in ontologies for advertising courses, I would
suggest looking at XCRI-CAP http://www.xcri.co.uk/ or other variants of
CEN MLO-AD http://www.cen-ltso.net/Main.aspx?put=1042
--it may be possible to map this to schema.org + some extensions.

Phil

1. See http://www.w3.org/TR/microdata/#items

--
Ubuntu: not so much an operating system as a learning opportunity.