Re: Premium Video Content Markup

Dear Paul,

for the first two cases (video purchase and rental), I would use the GoodRelations extension as follows:

= Buy Videos for Download =

*On-line delivery / download
*You get permanent access to the video content

First we describe the movie title as a product model:

<xml>
<!-- The movie "model" -->
      itemid="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0325980/">
 	<link itemprop="type" href="http://schema.org/ProductModel" />
   <h1 itemprop="name">Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides (2011)</h1>
   find the elusive fountain of youth, only to discover that Blackbeard and
   his daughter are after it too.</span>
</xml>

Then we describe the the actual movies that you can rent or purchase plus the offer:

<xml>
<!-- Some copies of that title -->
 	<link itemprop="type" href="http://schema.org/SomeItems" />
   <h1 itemprop="name">Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides (2011)</h1>
   find the elusive fountain of youth, only to discover that Blackbeard and
   his daughter are after it too.</span>
	<a itemprop "hasMakeAndModel" href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0325980/">More information on imdb.com</a>
<!-- The offer to sell a copy of the video -->
  		<link itemprop="hasBusinessFunction" href="http://schema.org/Sell" />
        Price: <div itemprop="hasPriceSpecification" itemscope
                    itemtype="http://schema.org/UnitPriceSpecification">$
    				<time itemprop="validThrough" datetime="2012-12-31T23:59:59Z"></time>
 		Delivery: <link itemprop="availableDeliveryMethods"
        href="http://schema.org/DirectDownload" /> Download
</xml>

Note 1: In the example, I used the more granular, new http://schema.org/UnitPriceSpecification type. The simple schema.org type would also work here.

Note 2:''' The example depends on the new "type" / "additionalType" property for indivating additional type information, as discussed with Dan Brickley. This is not critical but useful.

= Rent Videos for 30 days =

Basically the same as above; just the business function in the offer will be changed to http://schema.org/LeaseOut and the validity of the lease will be encoded using the eligibleDuration property:

  		<link itemprop="hasBusinessFunction" href="http://schema.org/LeaseOut" />
        Price: <div itemprop="hasPriceSpecification" itemscope
                    itemtype="http://schema.org/UnitPriceSpecification">$
    				<time itemprop="validThrough" datetime="2012-12-31T23:59:59Z"></time>
 		Delivery: <link itemprop="availableDeliveryMethods"
        href="http://schema.org/DirectDownload" /> Download
  	   Validity of the lease: <div itemprop="eligibleDuration" itemscope
              itemtype="http://schema.orgQuantitativeValue">
</xml>

I will work on the other scenarios asap.

Best

Martin

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group