RE: currentModel attribute for /Product

The same logic would hold true for any unique identifier. Its content; It can be republished by a new owner (with appropriate uuid) or deleted... Either is okay.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Caroline [mailto:dave.thearchivist@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2012 4:37 AM
To: Kenley Lamaute
Cc: public-vocabs@w3.org
Subject: Re: currentModel attribute for /Product

I can see a glaring hole in the URI as a unique identifier

If large corp creates a product and defines the uri as
http:uri.largecorp.com/steamenginetype1

Sells a million but goes bust a while later what of the id we now have a dead link breaking the chain or worse decides it is an obsolete product and deletes all mention of it.
or largecorp becomes a subsidiary of fatcorp who redefines all id's in its own image as they often do.

Dave Caroline