Re: Vocabularies for Technical Publishing

[Apologies if I'm totally missing what's going on here - I appreciate your patience!]

Kenley wrote:
>         <strong>Applies to:</strong>

Something like:

makes more sense to me.

That way you can update it once in one place, and all published documentation with your metadata is up-to-date with the latest version of the product.

We currently do static publishing, and updating and republishing all historical versions in every language for every release seems a little excessive. On top of that: since our material is Creative Commons-licensed, we have no guarantee that we could republish all the copies of it on the web. If we published it with a reference for the current release metadata, then we could republish that each time, and all copies of our material would be up-to-date.

I took away from Charlie's earlier response that this is possible (using a reference rather than a literal). Am I correct? I was hoping to see an example of how it would work if so. What would the URI return when a human or a search engine dereferences it?

- Josh