Re: Issue with rich snippets tools testing tool & businessEvent

Hello Jocelyn,

(Looping in the group to our conversation)

I definitely see what you are saying about it being a link to the page with
the structured markup.

If you are going to markup the url for an itemtype of Event, you will most
likely need to include the name, url, and startDate at a minimum.

I would like to quote the example on the Schema.org website, the Event
itemtype page, where they gave this example of a url inside of the itemtype
Event markup.

   1. <div itemprop="events" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Event">
   2.   <a href="foo-fighters-may23-midamericacenter" itemprop="url">
   3.     <span itemprop="name">Mid America Center</span>
   4.   </a>
   5.   <span itemprop="location">Council Bluffs, IA, US</span>
   6.   <meta itemprop="startDate" content="2011-05-23">May 23
   7.   <a href="ticketmaster.com/foofighters/may23-2011" itemprop="offers">Buy
   tickets</a>
   8. </div>

I have not found a way to properly create links with itemtype Events in the
fashion you mentioned ( other than marking up all the required information
).

I am not saying this is not a bug, just my 2cents...

Best Regards,

Mark Keller