Re: Real Estate sites using Product and Offer?

Thanks Dan, we all really do appreciate your effort in helping
resolve this question.

Trulia.com and Zillow.com are probably the two
largest real estate and rental listing sites.

Zillow.com Home Rental
Listing:
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/15-Allison-Dr-Cabot-AR-72023/255817_zpid/

Trulia.com
Apartment Rental
Listing:
http://www.trulia.com/rental/3073588551-2820-Alden-Ave-Dallas-TX-75211

Trulia
currently uses the Product and Offer schema types to mark up their
rental property listings, and because they are one of the largest sites
in the real estate sector, people have been following their lead and
suggesting to people to use the same Schema.org markup as them without
knowing whether it is the intended or valid way to go about it.

As
Jesse suggested, Diggsy.com is another great example and uses a very
similar markup to Trulia, where they employ the Product and Offer types,
as opposed to
Residence:
http://www.diggsy.com/IL/Chicago/235-W-Van-Buren-Chicago-IL-60605/07902853/

Apartments.com
is another one of the very large real estate listing sites, here is an
example of a listing from
them:
http://www.apartments.com/rent/Jacksonville-FL/Cape-House/101872.910

Thanks
again Dan, and I really look forward to learning more.

--
Kurt

23:48, Kurt Maine wrote:

>> I was wondering if you could do us all a
favor and way in on this issue? A
>> lot of us that have real estate
listing sites are looking at some of the big
>> players like Trula.com,
and noticing that they are marking up their property
>> listings and
products, where the rental home or apartment is the product
>> being
offered.

>> Do you think you could speak to the validity of this
method, and perhaps
>> confirm or deny whether this is the type of
situation the Product and Offer
>> types could include?
>>
>> As opposed
to the Residence itemtype for example, which doesn't allow of to

specify a price?

>> Thanks, all of us really appreciate any input on
the matter.

> You're right, we should get this clarified. I've filed
an issue to

https://www.w3.org/2011/webschema/track/issues/13

> Can you help by
providing a few more concrete examples of real estate
> listings that
are out there...?