Re: metadata about relationships

My intuition is that (1) would be preferable because, eventually, someone
will want to decorate almost every relation between two things with
additional information. In (2) objects eventually end up with twice as many
properties as they'd otherwise have, which I think imposes a lot more
overhead (e.g. knowing that if you specify "performances" you probably
shouldn't specify "actors").

Agree that asking developers would be very useful info.