Re: Schema for Transport Data

Hi Christian,

Actually, most of this can already by modeled by combining schema.org with

- http://purl.org/vso/ns for cars (sales, rental, etc.) and
- http://purl.org/tio/ns for transportation services and tickets.

I would be happy to work on incorporating part or all of this into the schema.org namespace so that I can be used without vocabulary mixing, but as said, you can do that as of today.

The basic principle of extending schema.org with those vocabularies is shown here:

http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Microdata (see Scenario 2) and

Note that the VSO vocabulary is the base for Volkswagen's massive publication of structured data about cars and their configuration options.

Best

Martin

On Feb 7, 2012, at 11:11 PM, Christian Bäuerlein wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose a new set of types for schema.org to represent all
> kinds of transport data (bus, train, carpooling, taxi, car rental, ...).
>
> A few thoughts on what it should include:
>
> * Publishing information about a transport.
>
> * Offering/demanding a transport service, including a Company/Personthat
> offers/demands it.
>
> * Route informations (start, destination, waypoints, driving
> instructions) - i.e. by extending GeoShape with a list of waypoints.
>
> Supporting semantic markup like this could be useful for a lot of people
> as well as a lot of services like Google Maps, public transport
> companies, car rental companies and carpooling sites.
>
> Is there any interest in working together on this project?
>
> I'd love to hear your feedback.
>

> Best,
>
> Christian

martin hepp