legacy spelling; see singular form

From: Cory Sand <yrocsand@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 17:51:05 -0500
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Hi,

I've noticed that certain properties have a singular and plural form
(e.g., blogPost and blogPosts). In the description of the plural
property, it invariably says "legacy spelling; see singular form".  Is
this meant to imply that the plural form of the property has been
deprecated?

Plural forms seem to have a meaningful interpretation, so that's why
I'm not sure why they would be deprecated. For example, if you have a
blog site, and if you were to wrap individual blogs that are on the
homepage in a div (for styling purposes for example) or a section
element (to separate the blog content from other content on the page),
then it would make sense to do:

But just because it makes sense doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't
been deprecated for some reason (unknown to me). Can anyone help?

Thanks,