New guy questions

From: Jeff Meyer <jeff@gwhat.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 13:25:03 -0800
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Hi -

New guy trying to learn more here.

Looking for where I can go to find answers to questions like:

> Why is there no schema for thing->manmade->structure or
thing->manmade->structure->building? (all the schema seem to want to jump
straight to what type of building, e.g. Thing > Place > CivicStructure)

> How do I extend the global schema.org schema to add things like
creationLocation (e.g. where was the photograph taken?) and creationAzimuth
(e.g. which direction was the camera pointing?)?

I realize these are basic questions, but the information at
schema.orgseems a bit limited & dead end. For example, I understand
that I can extend
schema on my own (http://schema.org/docs/extension.html), but
creationLocation seems to be pretty common and generic & I'd hate to do
stuff differently from the way others are doing it. (e.g. what's the
location for a picture of the Grand Canyon or Mount Everest?).

Do I need to submit proposals at
http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/SchemaDotOrgProposals?

Thanks!
Jeff