Re: Proposal for an additional term: mediaType

From: Bob Ferris <zazi@smiy.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 09:06:30 +0200
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
CC: suraiya.h.suliman@lmco.com
Hi Greg,

some time ago I've created a rather small (but extendible) SKOS taxonomy
for media types [1]. Each media type is mapped to a DBPedia resource as
well. In the Music Ontology [2] you can find a property mo:media_type
[3] that can be utilised to assign a media type on the manifestation
level (of resource descriptions). However, you can also simply utilise
its super property dcterms:format in cojunction with the Media Types
taxonomy (that I've mentioned above) to relate media types to your resource.

Cheers,

Bo

[1] http://purl.org/ontology/mt/
[2] http://purl.org/ontology/mo/