Re: Flattening Microdata

From: Antonia Rosati <arosati@ucar.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 10:07:36 -0600
To: "LeVan,Ralph" <levan@oclc.org>, "Sandhaus, Evan" <sandhes@nytimes.com>, "Public Vocabs" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Cc: mayernik@ucar.edu
Ralph, I will back you up.

During my summer work in the NCAR library marking up metadata with RDF
and schema.org, I came across a couple of "how-to" and "best
practices" articles stating that schema.org cannot/should not be used
strictly with the <meta> tag, and certainly not only in the header.

I wanted to do this for one of my case studies, but moved away from it
(without experimenting) because of these recommendations. In the end,
the only downfall I saw was that the HTML was less human-readable.

Toni Rosati
NARCCAP User Community Liaison
National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 11:57:25 -0400