Re: Schema.org External Enumerations mechanism

Hi Guha, all:

Note that for using Wikipedia URIs as identifiers for *types*, you can readily use

    http://www.productontology.org

It provides class definitions including translations for any lemma in Wikipedia. This could also be more strongly aligned with schema.org. It's also very scalable, running on Google App Engine.

For *individuals*, I would suggest to recommend DBpedia URIs but be open to other instances defined in the local namespace of a single Website. We use the same pattern e.g. in

    http://purl.org/vso/ns#feature

For a rationale for www.productontology.org, see

    http://www.productontology.org/#faq

Best wishes