Re: Generic supers: Item, date and content

One example that I use to explain a web page is that of an encyclopedia
itself, when it comes to "possible" structure.  For instance..

Many folks consider that ALL the pages between the first volume's front
binder cover <HEADER> and the last volume's rear binder cover <FOOTER>
could be considered "content", in html terms <BODY>

However we all know that there are many structured parts of what the
"content" contains.... you have verso pages, you have appendixes sometimes
on each volume, .... you get the idea.

In looking at Danny's suggestions... I like the idea of "Item" being almost
a superclass above all others.  Item could potentially contain many
Articles (where each one has a date), which all Articles are "content"
having things AND all those Articles are in fact... Creative Works.

So... the only Schema that could possibly apply appears at
http://schema.org/ItemPage and http://schema.org/CollectionPage  BUT both
of which imply to the whole webpage itself.

Where it gets fuzzy in Schema.org is WHAT class to use when you have many
Items, and each Item has many Articles.  More documentation is needed for
CollectionPage ... it or something else could be the "collector" of all
"content" that potentially could span multiple pages with multiple
articles... I just dunno.

--
-Thad
http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry