RE: FW: Distance

From: Jim Rhyne <jrhyne@thematix.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 18:38:30 -0700
To: <public-vocabs@w3.org>
We agree that search engines are gaining in capability and may eventually
provide the service we are looking for. The pages we are marking up will
contain addresses and coordinates. The location pages also contain tables of
distances to nearby points of interest and this information is important to
our clients and their customers. We would like to mark up this information
so that software agents visiting the site can make sense of it.

We are still looking for guidance on semantic markup for the contents of
HTML tables. I mention other use cases in my original post to this list,
such as:

Tables of prices accompanied by conditions such as age of customer, age of
product, location, time-of-day;

Rental rates by rental period or by type of facility;

Product inventory levels by location.

Thanks, Jim

Jim Rhyne
Thematix Partners