Re: Comics

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Aaron Bradley <aaranged@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I haven't seen any work done for microdata specifically - or indeed seen
> any normalized structured markup for comic books.  But I think it would be
> an interesting project.
>
> Because of the serial nature of comics, I think a fecund place to start
> would be by looking at the TVEpisode, TVSeason and TVSeries types.  That
> also might prove interesting in looking at how to encode comic book-specific
> contributor roles such as "inker" or "colorist."
>
> As you say, comics are currently modeled inconsistently.  You probably know
> of the following resources, but just in case here they are (not sure how
> useful they'll be, but there is some meta encoding work that has already
> been done):
> http://docs.comics.org/wiki/Current_Schema
> http://www.cbml.org/cbmlTagSetDoc.html

There's also Google's http://www.freebase.com/view/comic_books which has a
fairly rich schema with 24 types and a total of about 10K instances which
illustrate how they can be used (e.g.
http://www.freebase.com/view/en/marvel_universe) as well as a (small)
community of collaborators.  If nothing else, it might serve as a good
starting point and source of modeling experience.

Tom