Re: Microdata for Financial Products

From: Aaron Bradley <aaranged@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 16:21:03 -0700 (PDT)
To: Antonio Romero Vicente <anto.rome@gmail.com>, "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
I've been wondering about this too as it might pertain to a whole range of items that might be considered an "Offer" but differing from brick-and-mortar products chiefly in that they are temporally bound, and that their value is real but not bound up in a physical entity.  This includes:
- Currencies (the price of one relative to another)

- Stocks, bonds and similar financial instruments
- Commodities (the price of given measure of commodity in a particular currency)

All of this "stuff" is available for purchase, but trying to map properties for these under Product or Offer doesn't seem to work too well.  I think there's a good possibility that a type could be put together for these sort of "intangible tangibles" that could have broad applicability.