LocalBusiness - openinghours. How to denote exceptions (like holidays? )

From: Geert-Jan Brits <gbrits@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 00:15:23 +0200
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Hi all,

New to this mailinglist, and to digesting all that's in schema.org and
related efforts. Finally a defacto standard that the community at large
seems to be embracing.. (hopefully)

First of all is this the correct place to be discussing revisions to the
various schema's?

While glancing over the various schema's I noticed that
LocalBusiness.openinghours, doesn't seem to support 'exceptional days' (like
holidays)  in which the openinghours might be different from the standard
openinghours derived form dayOfWeek. Has this issue already been raised? (in
some ticket repo or something  I might not be aware off? )

Coming from the Leisure/travel branche, I come across these type of
irregularities pretty often, and feel there's a need to address them
properly from the start.

For a pretty thorough (and ongoing) discussion on openinghours have a look
at :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Key:opening_hours

some other issues raised:
http://www.mail-archive.com/code4lib@listserv.nd.edu/msg10670.html

So before providing my 2 cents on how the openinghours-definition could be
modified/extended: is there some ongoing discussion that you're aware of,
that is already doing this?

Thanks,
Geert-Jan