Renault adds GoodRelations to UK Shop

From: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 13:16:12 +0200
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Dear all:

I am happy to share with you the news that Renault UK has recently deployed GoodRelations support on its merchandise shop system.

Background story:
  http://www.makolab.net/EN/WebMedia/News/Default.aspx

Example page:
  http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/shop/item/renaulttoys/pedalcar/eco2pedalcar/default.aspx

Page in Google's testing tool:
  http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?url=http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/shop/item/renaulttoys/pedalcar/eco2pedalcar/default.aspx

Almost in parallel with Volkswagen [1], this is the second major automotive player to realize the huge potential of GoodRelations and structured data for communicating with the digital devices of potential customers. While this is just a first deployment in a subset of the e-commerce systems at Renault, I assume they will soon expand this to other systems and products.

Best wishes

Martin Hepp

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/public/UseCases/Volkswagen/