Re: URIs for properties at schema.org

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:34:23 +0200
To: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
Cc: public-vocabs@w3.org, Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
On 10 October 2011 16:15, Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> URIs for schema.org properties, based on their labels, are used by both
> "official" OWL version at [1] and rdfs.org version at [2].
> Class URIs such as http://schema.org/Person are dereferencable even if they
> do not (yet) provide a RDFdescription of what they mean ...
> But property URIs such as http://schema.org/about are just 404.
>
> Are there any plan to have at least html minimal description of properties
> at those URIs, like a definition and the list of classes using them?

It sounds a reasonable request to me. I suspect RDF treats properties
as first class citizens, whereas in microdata they are more
subordinate to classes, so perhaps some microdata influence there.

I have raised this as http://www.w3.org/2011/webschema/track/issues/2
under our "Feedback on Schema.org" product/category.

Thanks!

Dan