Subtypes of WebPage in schema.org and rich snippets tool (Was : Schema.org and nested items)

Hi,

Le 14/11/11 19:26, Aaron Bradley a écrit :
[...] Regarding the failure to produce a likely rich snippets, this
could either be your code, or the tool's notoriously parsimonious
generation of actual rich snippet previews. [...]

After making some tests, it seems to be definitly a rich snippets tool
bug (or non implementation).

If I replace for example on the page
http://www.wiktik.com/profil/erica-fontanel-28064 :

itemref="icount">

by

itemref="icount">

the tool will complaint about missing "fn" inside the Person item,
whereas I have givenname + familyname which can replace "name" according
to the http://schema.org/Person spec.

Then if I add the name, the picture of the Person will be displayed in
the rich snippet tool. So "about" seems to be definitly ok, but the use
of anything other than http://schema.org/WebPage for the root itemtype
doesn't seem to be supported yet. (well, it's not really motivating to
adopt quickly new itemtype, hopefully GoogleBot is still able to
understand them...)

HTH,
   Jocelyn Fournier