Re: @itemid and URL properties in schema.org

I'll just note that this is a point that may require very special vocabulary-specific treatment in a processor generating RDF. Properties (@itemprop) create objects, not subjects. With some datatype information, such as we might include in a registry, we can know that a property using a literal value should be interpreted a URI reference. Assigning it as a subject is quite unnatural, as a BNode subject has already been created by the processor.

>>    • Add Thing/sameAs for stating item equivalences (via URLs) across data sources/sites.
>
> Nice, I can see the potential for that :)

Alternatively, schema:url could be a subProperty of owl:sameAs, which after a fair amount of reasoning can yield what you want (in RDF that is). If schema:url really is used to designate the subject, much better to use @itemid in the first place.

Gregg