Re: Update on new standards proposal

On Oct 18, 2010, at 13:55 , Ian Jacobs wrote:
> On 18 Oct 2010, at 5:17 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:
>> All this to say: before we jump into solution-space, maybe drafting those minimal infrastructure requirements would help :)
>
> Here they are:
> http://www.w3.org/2010/07/community#infrastructure

Unless I've missed something, that's the "original" list of requirements. Arnaud was talking about an even more trimmed down version (and I was agreeing).

It's entirely possible that I've missed options (I would certainly hope so) but I've been shopping around for some off-the-shelf software that does something quite similar to what's on that short term list and I've come to the conclusion that the simplest solution would be to build it (especially taking into account evolution possibilities). That's not a pleasant prospect.

But again, I'd be happy to be proven wrong!

--
Robin Berjon
  robineko — hired gun, higher standards