Re: Update on new standards proposal

On Oct 15, 2010, at 08:16 , Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> I don't know whether the staff has experience with Drupal but that would be an obvious choice.
> I've used it myself on a recent project and it's quite amazing how much you get with little installation and configuration work.

Drupal is a nice piece of software, but just installing it won't get you that far. It takes a lot of point and click care and feeding which I presume in this case would have to be handled largely by volunteers. It also is a massive memory hog — I know hardware is cheap, but it still needs to be there (and maintained, managed, monitored, etc.).

All this to say: before we jump into solution-space, maybe drafting those minimal infrastructure requirements would help :)

--
Robin Berjon
  robineko — hired gun, higher standards