RE: The OWF Approach to patents for light-weight standards

> I agree with Arnaud. This New Standards Task Force is not the place to
> talk IP rules. I wrote my email merely because some of you expressed
> curiosity, and to prove that, once this W3C New Standards Task Force
> decides what we need, our IP provisions can be re-targeted in creative
> ways to make light-weight standards succeed.

I agree as well, but with a caveat. A lot of developers I have talked to
have wondered what the process relating OWFa to the W3C RFF patent policy
is. At some point (not now, but after we go through *what* the lightweight
structure we all want is), then we need to address this. Obviously, if
OWFa does take off as a developer-centric patent non-assert agreement, it
should be an option for a lightweight W3C process.

I agree that we should take this to the backburner while we work on
structure, but would like to see OWFa (when Larry and others are happy)
looked at by PSIG and have these questions at some point, ideally before
TPAC 2010 (Nov).

   cheers,
     harry