Re: Starting Up the Web Innovation Forum/New Ideas Forum

To follow up on this comment...

Longer term (and I say longer term because not enough software supports
ActivityStreams yet) it would be ideal if we could just synthesize activity
streams from a number of sources, such that people could use whatever tool
makes sense to the them and the forum homepage would just be a newsfeed of
recent activity...!

In other words, some of us may choose to collaborate on a wiki, others on
standalone blog posts, still others using Twitter or Buzz and coordinating
with a hashtag. Regardless of the tool being used, it would be the newsfeed
that could bring all this data together from disparate sources.

There are a few services — including Status.net/Identica — that consume
ActivityStreams, so if there were enough interested parties with time to
contribute, we could turn identica into a very valuable coordination tool.

Chris

--
Chris Messina
Open Web Advocate, Google

Web: http://factoryjoe.com
Follow me on Buzz: http://buzz.google.com/chrismessina
....or Twitter: http://twitter.com/chrismessina

This email is: [ ] shareable [X] ask first [ ] private