Re: Revocation entry

On 9/27/19 6:50 AM, Oliver Terbu wrote:
> Our current approach is:
>
> ``` "revocation": { "id":
> "some-identifier-that-points-to-the-instance", "type":
> "EIPxyzRevocationRegistry2019" }, ```

Oliver, this is a reasonable way to structure what you're trying to do,
but a few suggestions based on what the VC spec says today. The `status`
mechanism is meant to be used for credential suspension, revocation, etc.:

https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-data-model/#status

So, your example above would be more like this:

"status": {
   "id": "some-identifier-that-points-to-the-registry/network",
   "type": "EIPxyzStatusRegistry2019",
   ... any other data that is required for registry interaction...
}

I suggest you write a tiny spec and register it here:

https://w3c-ccg.github.io/vc-extension-registry/#status-methods

there is a terrible example of what such a spec could look like here:

https://w3c-ccg.github.io/vc-csl2017/

I expect that this is a work item that will gain momentum over the next
year... hope that helps.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches