W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-vc-wg@w3.org > April 2019

Minutes for VCWG telecon 26 March 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 13:33:41 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VAxNzbjVsdDD=XrBdPqSgnfs-7vQ1YzHv_-B2N3Ftpmg@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-vc-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/03/26-vcwg-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Ken!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                    Verifiable Claims Working Group

26 Mar 2019

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vc-wg/2019Mar/0024.html

Attendees

   Present
          Tzviya_Siegman, Kaz_Ashimura, Dan_Burnett, Dave_Longley,
          Justin_Richer, Ken_Ebert, Matt_Stone, oliver_terbu,
          Andrei_Sambra, Benjamin_Young, Amy_Guy, David_Chadwick,
          Ted_Thibodeau, Brent_Zundel, Bob_Burke, Nick_Carroll

   Regrets
          msporny

   Chair
          Matt_Stone, Dan_Burnett

   Scribe
          ken

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Introductions
         2. [5]CR Document
         3. [6]Editorial practices
         4. [7]Unassigned issues and PR
         5. [8]Repo for Implementation Guide
         6. [9]Open issues review
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: ken

   <stonematt>
   [12]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vc-wg/2019Mar/0
   026.html

     [12] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vc-wg/2019Mar/0026.html

Introductions

   matt: anyone?

CR Document

   Matt: We are now in CR.

   burn: It is approved. Congratulations!

   Matt: Thanks to everyone getting final issues closed and PRs
   merged.
   ... We still have effort to go to get to our public rec. To hit
   our deadline for PR we need to hit the next transition in 2
   months.
   ... We need to resolve issues in the next four weeks.
   ... Issues raised must be addressed very clearly: take action
   or defer.
   ... Issues will be logged.

   dan: The deadline for a vote for publication in 2 months.
   ... This is the reason for the pressure.

Editorial practices

   Matt: In the race to get to CR, it is possible to go into
   github and make edits, and commit without review.
   ... As a practice, this is not our method.

   <Nick> +Nick_Carroll

   Matt: Use a PR and have at least one other member review.

   <Nick> +bob_burke

   Matt: This provides transparency.
   ... If you have a small fix, you can use git- web edit to
   create it online with a branch and PR.

Unassigned issues and PR

   <stonematt>
   [13]https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues?utf8=✓&q=is%3Ai
   ssue+is%3Aopen+no%3Aassignee

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues?utf8=

   <stonematt>
   [14]https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&
   q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+no%3Aassignee+-label%3Adefer+

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:issue+is:open+no:assignee+-label:defer+

   Matt: Let's ignore deferred items.
   ... Clarification related issues need volunteers to help close
   them.
   ... Some need discussion; some already have text that can be
   pointed to.
   ... Issue #471
   ... Discussion of trust and authority.
   ... Brent volunteers to put a PR together.

   <stonematt> [15]https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/470

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/470

   Matt: Issue #470

   Oliver: We had some email regarding this. Is this sufficient?

   Justin: Reading through this, I still think the text is
   insufficient without a deep knowledger of JSON-LD
   ... Informative references would be helpful.
   ... Normally we want to keep things generic. It will help those
   like me that don't come from a JSON-LD background.

   <Justin_Richer> s/normally/normatively/

   Matt: Our objective is to find a volunteer to guide the
   discussion.

   Dlongley: This could be handled in the implementation guide.

   <Zakim> dlongley, you wanted to ask if this should be handled
   in the implementation guide

   Oliver: I was going to suggest something similar.

   Matt: Is having this in the implementation guide sufficient?

   Justin: The guidance needs to be in examples. I think it is a
   small amount.

   <Zakim> dlongley, you wanted to take this issue

   dlongley: I'll handle it.

   <stonematt> [16]https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/465

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/465

   Brent: I assigned myself.

   Matt: This is a good example of referencing parts of the spec
   that address the issue.
   ... I suggest if we have a strong response, we should close the
   issue and let a reopen occur if needed.

   Dan: We need to be clear on why we think this is resolved.
   ... We don't have to agreed, but we have to say what we will do
   and why.

   Matt: Does that make sense?

   <DavidC> yes

   brent: The ability to open is different ability is different
   that the ability to reopen.

   Dan: We need to review the settings on priviledges.
   ... We should say that we will close the issue if we don't hear
   additional concerns in 7 days.

   <Justin_Richer> +1 to the announcment and time bound

   Matt: Is 7 days appropriate?

   Dan: Two weeks is more normal.

   <Justin_Richer> You can comment on closed issues on GitHub,
   FWIW.

   Matt: With no objections we will indicate the actions to be
   taken and that the issue will close in two weeks.

   Dan: I will do this for the current issue.

   <stonematt> [17]https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/464

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/464

   Matt: "The" or "A" subject of a credential?

   DavidC: I will create a small PR with editorial changes.

   <stonematt> [18]https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/463

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/463

   Matt: Not every entity can perform every role. It has had some
   discussion.
   ... David?

   DavidC: Yes

   <stonematt> [19]https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/458

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/458

   Matt: Refreshing questions?

   Dan: What does the label mean?
   ... Clarification: editorial with no normative changes.

   Matt: What is the strategy to resovle?

   Dan: Answer and ask if that is sufficient?

   DavidC: In order to prevent confusion, some additional text is
   helpful.

   <dlongley> ken: I'll look at David's change and see what that
   looks like.

   <ken> I'll help review David's response.

   Matt: Assign to David and let it go through normal course.
   ... I think we have done what we need to do. Close?

   DavidC: We have forwarded our response to PING

   Matt: Any new items would be new issues.

   <DavidC> ken: thanks

Repo for Implementation Guide

   Dan: That's waiting for me to fill out the form.
   ... The repo exists and people can post issues. I'll handle it
   today.

   Matt: Thank you.

Open issues review

   Matt: We have touched on some; let's see if we can resolve
   some.

   Dan: The bar is higher for changes now.
   ... If a PR makes normative changes we need a new CR.
   ... Look at changes closely.
   ... If normative is in question, please discuss with chairs or
   Manu (editor)

   Matt: Oldest issues.

   <stonematt>
   [20]https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is
   %3Aopen+-label%3Adefer+sort%3Aupdated-asc

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+-label:defer+sort:updated-asc

   <stonematt> [21]https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/253

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/253

   Matt: #253 EOL for spec
   ... Is this a new thing? Kaz is there a process at W3C?

   <burn> eq+

   Dan: There is an existing process. Manu or Dave? I thought this
   was a reason concerning crypto.
   ... Let's ask Christopher why an auto exepiration would be
   preferred.

   Kaz: There is some procedure already and there will be some
   discussion at the next AC meeting.
   ... Specification lifecycle and procedures will be discussed.

   Brent: Christopher said that he doesn't think this is an exit
   blocker.

   tzviya: The proposal for evergreen process only affects us if
   we choose to adopt the process.

   <Zakim> burn, you wanted to disagree (possibly)

   Dan: I think that Christopher may not understand exit-blocker.
   If we exit, we are done.
   ... Then the changes he wants must be added now. I personally
   think this is not a concern.

   <Zakim> dlongley, you wanted to say the main concern is around
   crypto and the crypto in this spec is informative

   Dan: If needed we can amend the spec.

   dlongley: I don't think we have specific crypto called out in
   the spec; therefore, it is a non-issue.

   <brent> +1

   <burn> +1 to dlongley's comment

   <ken> +1

   <burn> we can do a 14DayClose on this

   Matt: We are a data model and we don't normatively specify the
   crypto.
   ... Can we close?

   Burn: I will comment in the issue with a 14 day close.

   <stonematt> [22]https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/436

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/436

   Matt: Natural language direction support.
   ... Chaals and manu are working on this.

   Dan: Chaals will continue the discussion with
   internationalization grojp.

   <stonematt> [23]https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/450

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/450

   Matt: Citation for oxcert

   brent: I added a comment to the issue. I think the responses
   are adequate and think we should close.

   Dan: I will add the 14 day close comment.
   ... It's not just that we decided that the responses are
   adequate. We decided that no one in the group copied or
   referenced their work.
   ... I will add comments to the issue.

   Matt: Let's close.

   Brent: I modified my comments to reflect that.

   <stonematt> [24]https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/462

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/462

   Dan: I will close.

   Matt: Kind/type of credential
   ... Chaals has this one.
   ... Isn't this in the domain of the claim itself?
   ... Our examples are currently like an education degree. I
   think this is accounted for in existing examples?
   ... DavidC, do you think we need more?

   DavidC: We can add clarifying text along the lines of Chaals
   recommendations. RieksJ's text is also good.

   Dan: Any change to text is a CRExit-Blocker.

   DavidC: I will submit a PR on this on.

   Matt: We will close as soon as the PR is accepted.
   ... Holder signature in presentation
   ... I am assigned and will respond.

   Dan: Mike agreed to the approach.

   Matt: Last topics?
   ... Amy?

   <dlongley> [25]https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/394

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/394

   Amy: I can do a PR.

   Matt: Thanks everyone. See you next week.

   Dan: If you have any other concerns, this is the time.

   Matt: Adjourn

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [26]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([27]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/04/01 04:28:53 $

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 1 April 2019 04:34:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 1 April 2019 04:34:49 UTC